INTERIM SENIOR FINANCIAL CONTROLLER
A game changing international start-up, with a strong growth strategy and a multi-channel business, is setting up their regional head office in the Netherlands for their new European activities. The current Finance Manager is looking for his number 2. Main priority is to independently assist in setting up and managing financial reporting and automating processes. This will be done in close cooperation with several internal and external (international) stakeholders. It is of upmost importance you are able to deal with this complex, changing, dynamic and occasionally high pressure environment. Potentially the position can rol into a more Business Control oriented position.
What are you ging to do:
1) Financial control:
- Manage & setup set of financial control tools, incl. review of accounting procedures/transactions executed by the outsourced accounting team;
- Implement automated reports to monitor spend & analysis of operational expenses for the EMEA entity, namely for overhead & marketing costs;
- Lead review of accruals and prepayments to ensure correct B/S allocation & of intercompany balances with HQ;
- Drive preparation of accurate and timely monthly financial reporting (B/S, P&L and cash flow);
- Lead external audit & statutory procedures, in line with HQ Global requirements;
- Prepare weekly supplier payments & customer invoices, while ensuring segregation of duties in PtP/OtC processes;
- Ensure day to day management of expense report tool & monthly payroll/tax related submissions.
2) IT & System implementation:
- Work with outsourced accounting team to build efficient interfaces between current ERP and other software tools used by the company;
- Support the setup of new ERP system to reflect traceable flows and financial/business reporting in line with the agreed business model for the company.
What are the requirements:
- Experienced in setting up and managing financial reporting.
- Experienced and communicative enough to deal with different internal (HR, SVP, Finance and HQ) and external stakeholders (outsourced accounting).
- Exceptional soft skills to deal with a complex environment (with lots of projects, growth in channels and geographically, several changes and occasionally high pressure).
- You are independent, require low supervision and are very reliable.
- When you are skilled enough to add value in the area of business/plant control, there are numerous opportunities and possibilities to work on.
- Preferabele familiar to the FMCG or Tech industry and start/scale-up fase.
- Educational background at least a Master’s degree.
- At least 5-10 years experience in Financial Reporting.
What is the offer:
- At least 4 days a week
- High impact position
- Game changer in the industry
- When there is a good fit, there are more opportunities
- Start per 1st of July 2022.
For more information please contact Guy Verdult. We will contact you as soon as possible.